Elder Law is defined by the clients served: aging adults or persons with disabilities who are facing healthcare issues or anticipate facing those issues in the future.
Elder Law Attorneys need a broad understanding of many areas of law to serve the needs of their elderly and disabled clients. Some of these areas of Elder Law include:
• Estate planning through the drafting of wills and trusts
• Disability planning through the drafting of durable powers of attorney and living wills for financial management and healthcare decisions
• Special needs planning to manage assets for persons with disabilities
• Guardianships and Conservatorships
• Medicaid eligibility and asset preservation
• Social Security Disability claims and appeals
• Probate administration
• Trust administration
The attorneys of Claycomb Law Office have counseled clients on Elder Law issues for over 30 years. Contact us to see if we can help you.